The current version of Jython is 2.7.2 It can be downloaded here:
- Jython Installer - Use this to install Jython. (metadata)
- Jython Standalone - Use this to run Jython without installing or to embed Jython in a Java application. (metadata)
- You may cite Jython 2.7.2 as a dependency in your Maven or Gradle build.
For information on installing see Installation.
This version is supported on Java 8 (minimum) and 11.
Previous versions of Jython are available from:
OpenPGP Public Keys
Release files for supported releases are signed by the following:
- Jeff Allen (2.7.2 onwards) (key id: 875C3EF9DC4638E3)
- Frank Wierzbicki (2.7.1 and earlier) (key id: 3979A71621665974)
You can validate these keys, using the installer as an example:
gpg --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys [key id] gpg --verify jython-installer-[x.y.z].jar.asc \ jython-installer-[x.y.z].jar
GPG will report
Good signature from [release owner].
GPG may also report a warning unless you explicitly tell it to trust the key. This is not necessary for one-off verification. The warning is explained here. The signing keys are listed above to allow validation independent of the file repository.